Lower Back Pain Therapy
Get Moving And Get Healthy
The complex architecture of the spine makes it susceptible to sprains, strains, disc degeneration and herniation, narrowing of vertebral discs and painful symptoms such as Sciatica. Biokinetic therapy can help to increase flexibility and mobility, strengthen weak muscles and restore balance to neuromuscular structures through supervised and scientifically based exercise prescription.
At Shehnaaz Bhabha Biokinetics, a holistic approach is taken to identify risk factors and causes, and the focus is on patient education as to prevent further injury and optimise pain management. The scope of practice also includes other orthopedic conditions such as shoulder rehabilitation, neck pain and spasm, ankle, knee and hip rehabilitation as well as management of chronic conditions such as Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Osteoporosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke patients as well as Parkinson’s Disease which all affect the neuromuscular system.
Sports Injury Rehab
Sports injury rehab is vital for returning the athlete back to his/her full potential, and is the secondary phase of treatment after pain and swelling has subsided. The goal is to achieve optimal performance once the rehab process has been completed, and to prevent reoccurrence of the injury.
The sports injury consult consists of:
- Ergological and orthopaedic evaluation including strength and flexibility testing
- Postural assessment
Body composition analysis
- Biomechanical analysis using video technology
- Gait analysis
The rehabilitation process includes:
- Biomechanical correction
- Range of motion and flexibility exercise
- Muscle strength development through a scientific rehab programme aimed at improving balance, neuromuscular feedback and proprioception
- Myofascial release
- Core strength training
- Sport specific exercise including agility training, plyometrics and movement correction in order to ensure optimal performance
At Shehnaaz Bhabha Biokinetics we are committed to working towards wellness, which is the optimal well-being that is oriented toward maximising an individual’s potential. Wellness includes managing risk factors that can be detrimental to your health.
At Shehnaaz Bhabha Biokinetics, wellness includes:
- Measuring blood pressure before exercise and after if you are high risk
- Postural analysis before commencing with any exercise program to identify muscle imbalances and to structure an exercise program to correct imbalances and prevent injury
- Providing healthy and safe guidelines and realistic goal setting with regards to exercise and weightloss
- If you are diabetic, monitoring your glucose readings before and after exercise
- Prescribing safe and specific exercise regimens for maintenance
Pre- and postnatal training for women
- Geriatric exercise prescription
- Kids training programmes aimed at increasing muscle tone, cardiovascular fitness, balance, core strength, bilateral integration and coordination in a fun and safe environment
Shehnaaz Bhabha Biokinetics is a DNA Sport accredited practice which offers exercise prescription according to your genetic makeup. This testing uses the latest biotechnology to take training specification to a whole new level.
The DNA Sport test can identify:
- Your strengths and weaknesses in terms of power vs endurance potential
- What type of exercise you should be doing to lose weight and aid wellness
- How much exercise you need and what intensity you require in order to reach your full training potential
- The DNA test can specify recovery time between sessions
- The test identifies injury risk according to gene codes and the susceptibility to developing tendon and ligament injuries
- The test recommends nutritional adjustments according to your gene results in order to keep your body functioning at its best
- Group training for women and back health classes